Graduation 2010

Graduation (the 5th) was pretty excellent according to reports I’ve heard (I wouldn’t know myself; I was busy being in it).


Apologies for the blurrry photo. It’s hard to take photos in the gym because of the lighting.

But I did think it went pretty well. Smoothly for sure. Well, except the cheap DVD player that was working an hour before didn’t work when we were going to play the video of the seniors Luke made and the slideshow Mr. Buck put together. Too bad, but not crushing. We swapped in another player after the ceremony and put the stuff on for people to watch.

The cake via Johnny T was pretty decent. Punch was also nice. I thought I got the last mouthful, but then they made more. Feelings of smugness dissolved.

Thank you, everyone who came. I appreciate it. Thanks also to Mr. Buck, Luke Zwanziger (both for video stuff), Archie Hook for being M.C. and such, Mr. Tollefson for being our keynote speaker, and our parents for working with and without us to get ready for this thing.

Then we had a BBQ. And threw a disc around. With Aimee, yep.



The food was good. I drank a Sprite that tasted weird at first. Could have been warm, maybe that’s why.

Lots more pictures in Ashley’s album. More pictures may be coming from Aimee. I'll let you know if they come. More from Aimee right here!

We eventually packed up. Some of us went over to our house to watch Bella. That movie is intense… too bad Matthew, Joseph, Elliot, and… Aimee! couldn’t resist riffing it.

And then Anna and Matthew headed back to Enterprise. Then we shot some baskets. And then we went over to Ashley’s and played Mafia. And then Leann and Jo left. And then Joe (our most excellent narrator) left. And then we hung out and ate stuff and talked and watched part of a musical and whatnot. I mocked Eric’s netbook. Tried to diagnose a problem with Beth’s notebook. Elliot and I left.

At some unknown point after that, I think everybody fell asleep.

3 comments:

Mrs.Bomberger said...

It was one of the best Commencements I have seen. This Satruday we will go to Sarah's graduation, I hope... ;)

Aimée said...

Aw, yeah, I'm sorry about that. :( It's just that that was the 3rd or 4th time I had seen that movie; and as powerful and moving as it is, it was getting kind of old. :P I apologize though, for riffing it.

jennyanydots said...

Lovely graduation despite the video issues. I enjoyed it very much!

You guys will go out into the world and do good! (And I mean that rather than do well because as you are doing good, you will do it well!)

God bless you all!

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think... comment moderation is in effect for posts more than two weeks old. You'll also need to use a Blogger account or an OpenID. Cheerio!