Late January Update

Hello, all you devoted PAN followers. I know you're out there.

Well, anyway, I have a few things to update you all on what's going on (considering the last post was in September!). First of all, during the aforementioned interval, a plan was proposed by Mr. Buck for the Government class (and others? I'm not sure) to raise a bunch of money and take a week-long-ish trip to Washington, D.C (bear in mind that Mr. Tollefson teaches government, not Mr. B.). So we did a little fundraising. A little. Way slower than we should have been raising money. And today it got called off. Instead the plan is to go to Salem, here in Oregon. I had decided quite a while ago not to go along because I didn't want to commit to the crazy fundraising and wasn't even sure that I wanted to go to D.C. in this manner. Well, maybe I'll go to Salem. I could stand that. Seems like a spasm of field trips this year...

Which of course leads me to another topic. We went to Moscow two weeks ago (I'm thinkin'). We
  • had lunch at Bucers in Moscow (totally yummy)
  • went to NSA
  • went to some other building
  • came back to NSA and watched Collision there with Doug Wilson (and had coffee)
  • had a Q and A period with Mr. Wilson
  • had a Q and A period with Gordon Wilson about the unpublished first part of a biology textbook he wrote that we've been using in Biology class here at Providence/CHC (taught by Mrs. McDonald)
  • went up to his office and talked about and looked at a turtle and two snakes
So that was pretty fun. I think Leeann has some pics; don't know think she's posted them anywhere yet so I just asked her to. Pressure's on, Leeann!

And... yeah. That's all I can really think of right now besides the wrap up. And that is: even if the school format this year isn't so hot, I think we're all pretty used to it by now, and it's running fairly well, and IMHO I don't mind it too much even though it is definitely different.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think... comment moderation is in effect for posts more than two weeks old. You'll also need to use a Blogger account or an OpenID. Cheerio!