Hurley Vacation

I'm in Boise, ID.
I'm getting awesome internet speed.
I drove here, and it was murder.
The freeway from LaGrande to North Powder was closed, and there were a bunch of cars parked at the turn-off to the freeway.
But we outsmarted them all.
We took the road through Union to North Powder, and then had the freeway to ourselves!
But it was slushy.
I've never driven in slush before.
It was.......exhilarating.......to say the least.
Evidently the road after Baker had been closed, but just as we got there, cars started pouring onto the highway.
Then the roads were coated with snow and ice.
Everyone shifted into 4-wheel and slowed to 35mph.
It was fun.
Then it was raining so hard there was standing water on the roads......another fun one.
I love hydroplaning.
But we're still alive.....
This is a weird posting format.
Ok.
That's it.
=^)

3 comments:

jennyanydots said...

I am glad to see that you made it that far safely, it takes a while to build up your driving stamina doesn't it.

Pyles Canyon is a MUCH better route than Ladd any day, even in the summer because you don't have tourists or trucks or wannabe Indy Car Racers practicing. (Yes, I have seen that and almost been hit by one once. They flipped a 'U'ie in front of me and ended up facing me as I was heading for the other side of the freeway, terrifying! I was expecting to testify to the police regarding what looked like a roll over wreck in the making.)

Have a wonderful and FUN vacation!

OH, Yea no Orchestra now until Jan 8 so we must all practice and be prepared for Dress Rehearsal then!

Ashley said...

ANNA! I HOPE YOU CAN HEAR ME! I MISS YOU! COME BACK SOON!
LOVE,
ASH!

Nathaniel said...

OMG, i am so out of the loop!!!!! I missed matthews post yesterday, ack!!!!!!!

btw, so jealous of your broadband matt

glad you got their safe, praise God!

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think... comment moderation is in effect for posts more than two weeks old. You'll also need to use a Blogger account or an OpenID. Cheerio!