My weird life!

After school, I had intended to stay for the auditions again but needed to run home and let dogs out first. When I got here, there was a really weird message on my answering machine which took a bit to figure out. By the time dogs had finished I understood what i was hearing. . . a message from a taxidermist in Elgin who had finished the elk antler mount that the DH had taken out a week or so ago. I was trying to plan how to get these things done and paid for without the DH trying to pay for it or pick them up and find out they were already paid. I needed a Christmas idea for him in the worst way so after he left for work and to deliver the antlers one evening, I called this man and we set it up that he would call me at school, not tell the DH when they were done and not let him know how much it would cost. Luckily, the hubby was still asleep when I got here so I was able to get the message before he did and call the guy to set up pick up. phew. . . .THEN, as soon as I got off the phone, checked the time and started for the door to go to the auditions, number 2 daughter called to let us know how they'd survived the ice storm in OKC. They live in Norman which was apparently the hardest hit of the greater OKC area and we hadn't heard from them. They ended up stuck at my son in law's parent house, with cell phones but no power to charge them! The family's phone lines were down due to ice so they couldn't call the old fashioned way and they couldn't get to work or anyplace where there was wireless Internet! WE hadn't been fretting about them but I was really glad to hear from them. They were able to get home today, the power had been repaired and all is improving. Both plan to go back to work tomorrow. Matt works for the OKC courts and they have been froze out since Sunday night, Lacey works at an office max a mile or so from their house but when they got stuck at her mother in laws house, it was about 25 miles north whit a frozen and closed freeway between her and work. So, I missed what went on but look forward to a wonderful Shakespeare production later this next year!

Then it was time to feed the now awake hubby and do those daily evening chores. While we were having dinner the Antiques Road Show, UK version came on and it was being broadcast from Edinburgh, Scotland in the Assemble Room on George Street in the New Town, way cool because when Lacey and I were in Edinburgh we went to that same place for dinner; neeps, tatties, cranachan, haggis and dancing and piping and all that goes along with said haggie dinner! Boy it was fun to see somewhere you've been shown on TV! Then after getting the hubby off to work I had a few minutes to try chess against the computer, been wanting to try it but haven't just been able to sit and do nothing but play a game against Vista. . . needless to say, I lost.

I think it's past my bed time now that I am humiliated in chess and ready for my book!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow your life is utterly strange! No jk :)
Um...what I did after school...:
Well I waited around for a bit with Isaiah LeeAnna Mrs. Bombie, MRs. Tolly and Joy while Joel auditioned for A Midsummer Night's Dream. I probably should just walk home after school gets out but I like to stay around until the rides get there, so I can get that 15 extra minutes of time with my classmates...I love my Providence indiviuals!

After going home, I went to piano practice..
I have my teacher hunting for a new piano for me. My piano is out of tune, the pedals broken, and it doesnt even have a full keyboard range.
But my grandmother MIGHT lend me hers for a few years if we can get it out of her basement without tearing a wall out anddrive it all the way home from Penleton...ouch..lol.

After piano I went to the church and hung out with Justin (my brother) and Kaitlen Burns.
Justin and Anna agreed to play at my recital with me (Justin on acoustic and Anna on violen).."I believe In Love" by Barlowgirl and "Enough" by Chris Tomlin. So I spent alot of time practicing with Justin, before and after we had our worship and message for youth group.
After that I came home...and read my Eric's blog...he posted a blog containing only one sentence: THERE IS HOPE!!!!!!!! Upon asking him what he meant he explained he was trying to get his point across to someone who just wasnt getting it. SO I really hope that hope will sink in for this person..whoever they are.

So yeah...someone elses turn!
Ashes

Nathaniel said...

Wow, you were up late last night, Mrs. V!

jennyanydots said...

Yep, and late tonight as we went to LG to finished some Christmas shopping and I'm just now winding down for bed. . . off I go! LOL

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think... comment moderation is in effect for posts more than two weeks old. You'll also need to use a Blogger account or an OpenID. Cheerio!