Thursday

I didn't have time to post my after school things last week or this, so here is a composite memoir!

Last Thursday I went to Boise right from school got on an airplane Friday and ended up at a weekend long birthday party for my 30 year old baby in Kansas City, MO. It was fun! Both daughters and I had a great time eating, shopping, laughing and hanging out together. We picked KC because it was easy for all 3 of us to get to and far enough away from Holly's house that she wouldn't plan to go home after dinner with her sister. She didn't know I was coming, thought she was meeting here little sister at the KC airport and the first words out of her mouth when I got off the plane were, "What are you doing here?" SURPRISE!!!!!

My trip home was less than enjoyable but the time spent with my kids made whatever mess I ended up in worth it.

So, I left KC Sunday evening with plans to be in Boise Sunday night and plans to drive home Monday giving me time for laundry and recuperation after the weekend. Instead I went from Denver International to the Denver Holiday Inn with a rerouted Monday morning flight to Spokane then a flight on another airline to Boise. I got hone 6:30 Monday evening and went to sleep! My Sunday night plane to Boise had mechanical issues and by the time they were fixed, fog had shut down Boise's airport. Flight canceled...


This Thursday, I came home turned on an episode of Monk and took a nap in front of the tv, a good place for me to drift off for a short snooze, then left for Pendleton at 4 to rehearse with the Inland Northwest Orchestra. Good drive, good rhearsal, good trip home, home by 12:30 and there were a bunch of deer in my yard! Sort of a welcome home gathering! They hopped over the fence and left as soon as I opened my car door but it was still fun to see them!

Many thanks to Matt for getting my music and getting it to me in time, now you may graduate! LOL (Yes, another internet abbreviation on the PAN blog! or YAIAOTPANB!)

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Whew! Good thing I got that music to you. =^)

Nathaniel said...

Sounds like you were busy, Mrs. V! Thanks for the story :)

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think... comment moderation is in effect for posts more than two weeks old. You'll also need to use a Blogger account or an OpenID. Cheerio!