The time has come for joy and feasting...

Huzzah! The dell technician has been here and gone, leaving my laptop a better computer =^)

1. He arrives, bearing a new motherboard and new speakers.
2. He tears the laptop into pieces, pulling out the existing motherboard and speakers.
3. He installs the new motherboard and speakers.
4. He bids adieu and starts to pull out of the driveway.
5. I boot up the computer and note that the wireless is not connected.
6. I note that the wireless switch/wifi catcher is jammed in the 'catch networks' mode (neither on nor off).
7. I run frantically down the driveway to arrest his departure.
8. He comes back into the house and attempts to slide the wireless switch into place by opening the case slightly.
9. It doesn't work.
10. With a sigh, he dismembers the laptop once more, fixes the problem and reassembles it.
11. He leaves.

And now, I have yet to experience the stuttering problem ;-)
But the best part is: I had always been less than pleased with the performance of my headphone jacks- they crackled and whined, but I accepted it as normal laptop jack performance. However, after the motherboard was replaced, the sound through my headphones is glorious! Thus confirming my suspicion that all of the problems were stemming from a faulty sound card.
Let mirthful laughter abound!!
Joy to the world, peace and goodwill toward men and Dell!!
Let there be wine and feasting!!
Jesus has crushed the Dragon's head, and we are invited to his Wedding feast!!
He has led captivity captive, and will bring His bride, the Church, into a new kingdom, a kingdom undefiled and that shall not pass away!!
Amen.

(Yes, I am very happy.)

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Well, the problem doesn't seem completely resolved, but maybe a little better. Probably this sound card is a little better.

Nathaniel said...

Dell tech says to himself: What' with this kid anyway? He's doesn't want me to leave!!

jennyanydots said...

Next time offer the Dell Tech the wine, with cookies and mayhap you will be hooked up with Bose speakers in your brand spanking new FREE PC?

Mario C. Delgado said...

i had the same sound problem as you...it stinks.

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think... comment moderation is in effect for posts more than two weeks old. You'll also need to use a Blogger account or an OpenID. Cheerio!