The Power of GIMP (and some extras)

Short post here. I just want to post this cool picture I modified with the G.eneral I.mage M.anipulation P.rogram; I used a neon edge-finder effect. The shot was a sort-of silhouette of the mountains inspired by Instructor (the Illustrious) Barley's dissertation on the aesthetic value of silhouettes. Well, for what it's worth, here it is:




Btw, it was broad daylight when this shot was taken. Weird contrast, huh?


While I'm at it, I'll throw in a couple of those long-overdue vacation photos:

4 comments:

Nathaniel said...

Actually, I think GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program... sheesh, the title even sounds complicated!

Ashley said...

Wow that was a really cool first pic. Taken in the daylight huh? And I LOVE that pic of Andrew, a little bit of every family member is reflected in him it seems. ;)

Mrs.Bomberger said...

For the portion of these photos which were taken in North Carolina...if any...

Carolina, Carolina, Heaven's blessings attend thee.
While we live we shall cherish protect and defend thee!
Though the scorners may flourish and the whitlings defame her, Our heart swell with courage when ever we name her
Hurrah, hurrah !
The good old North State forever!
Hurrah, Hurrah, the good old North State!
NC state song. Waxing nostalgic...off

jennyanydots said...

Lovely pic of a very cute little guy!

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think... comment moderation is in effect for posts more than two weeks old. You'll also need to use a Blogger account or an OpenID. Cheerio!